Instead of reaching for that next cup of coffee or latte, try a cup of organic matcha tea. Matcha is a type of green tea made by taking young tea leaves and grinding them into a bright green powder. The powder is then whisked with hot water or milk of your choice. This is different from regular green tea, where the leaves are infused in water, then removed.
Some of the benefits of consuming matcha tea...
1. High in antioxidants Matcha is rich in catechins, a class of plant compounds in tea that act as natural antioxidants. Antioxidants help stabilize harmful free radicals, which are compounds that can damage cells and cause chronic disease.
2. May be helpful to the liver The liver is vital to health and plays a central role in flushing out toxins, metabolizing drugs, and processing nutrients. Some studies have found that matcha may help protect the health of your liver.
3. Increase brain function Some research shows that several of the components in matcha could help increase brain function. Matcha has been shown to improve attention, memory, and reaction time. It also contains caffeine and L-theanine, which can improve several aspects of brain function.
4. Cancer prevention Matcha is jam-packed with health-promoting compounds, including some that have been linked to cancer prevention in test tube and animal studies.
5. Increased metabolism Some studies show that green tea extract helps increase metabolism and fat burning, both of which may aid weight loss.
You can make traditional matcha tea by sifting 1–2 teaspoons of organic matcha powder )I like Pique) into your cup, adding 2 ounces of hot water or organic almond milk, and mixing it together with a bamboo whisk.